- Radio reaches 95% of Australians within the 5 metro capital cities each week
- Radio accounts for 64.9% of all audio listening each week
- 79% of the population have one or more radios in their home
- Listeners are 9 times happier and energised when listening to the radio
- Two thirds of radio listeners are open to advertising messages, the highest across any form of media
- 2 in 3 radio listeners engage with a radio social media page
- Live Australian Radio is now available via DAB+ digital radio in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth. DAB+ Trials are currently underway in Canberra and Darwin.
- 36 vehicle brands in Australia include a DAB+ digital radio
- 9 in 10 radio listeners would miss their favourite radio show if it was taken off air permanently
- Radio listeners are twice as likely to have just one favourite radio station, when compared with other media
- Over 80% of those living in regional areas agree that radio is the media they turn to for updates and emergency situations
- Radio is the media most associated with being spontaneous, human, accessible, personal intimate and trustworthy
- Radio advertising delivers an average ROI of +17%, more than online (14%) and TV (13%)
- Radio and online is a strong two channel combination, delivering an average ROI of +23%
- Radio advertising has an immediate effect. Over three quarters (78%) of those who heard the ads took some form of digital activity within 24 hours.
- People are 6 times more likely to go to an advertiser's website if they’ve heard them advertisement on radio.
- Radio campaigns can be tailored to suit current affairs, news, weather or trends. Stations can change spot placement or live read timings with short notice
- 3 in 4 radio listeners agree radio is important to keep up to date on local news and community events
- A radio campaign can be scheduled to air at a certain time of day, reaching target audiences at a time when the message is most relevant.